|Chronological and political information|
Ownellco was a male Lutrillian who lived during the Galactic Civil War. In 0 BBY, he was standing near the bar in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, chatting with the Qiraash female Leesub Sirln, on the day that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker chartered Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon for passage to Alderaan.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ownellco was created as a background character for the cantina scene in 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, one of two members of his species to appear in the film; the other being Atheloe. The character was designed by John Mollo, and his mask was sculpted by Stuart Freeborn for shooting in England. The only difference between the two Lutrillian costumes was an ascot worn by one of the actors; the crew referred to at least one of these characters as the Colonel, and at least one as the Hare Mouse. Lucasfilm personnel dubbed one of the characters as Ownellco when Kenner asked for official names for the cantina denizens. The article "Cantina Roll-Call: Shedding Light on Some Alien Aliases" conflates these two Lutrillians as the same, leaving it unclear which Lutrillian was due to be named Ownellco. However, "Rogues Gallery: The Usual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley" indicates that Ownellco is the one with the ascot.
Ownellco is scantly visible in A New Hope and receives little screen time. He is visible speaking to the Qiraash female Leesub Sirln. One of the Lutrillians is later visible walking the streets of Mos Eisley. Both of these characters are more prominently featured in a rough cut of the cantina sequence.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Magic of Myth (book) (Concept design by John Mollo)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- "Refresher Reading"—Star Wars Insider 91 (Picture only)
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film (Picture only)
- The Sounds of Star Wars (Picture only)
- "Jedi Archive"—Star Wars Insider 124 (Mask only, identified as Solomahal)
- "Rogues Gallery: The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Insider 130 (First identified as Ownellco)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Rogues Gallery: The Usual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Insider 130
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- ↑ Star Wars Chronicles, p. 86.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film, p. 171.
- ↑ Star Wars Chronicles, p. 79.
- ↑ Star Wars: Behind the Magic.