- "P8-47 carrying urgent message // Message = sent by Nem’ro the Hutt // Mighty Nem’ro all powerful ruler of Jigunna."
- ―P8-47 addresses an Imperial-aligned individual.
P8-47 was a droid active on the planet Nal Hutta during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. The droid was owned by the Hutt crime lord Suudaa Nem'ro, who controlled the town of Jiguuna. When a rival Hutt named Voontara Fa'athra began moving his forces into Jiguuna, Nem'ro became enraged and sent the droid to the Poison Pit cantina to spread the message that Nem'ro was offering a reward to any who would kill Fa'athra's men. The droid showed the message to an Imperial-aligned individual who agreed to take on the task.
- "Cripple this coward's army and you will know the honor and rewards of serving the great and powerful Nem'ro the Hutt."
- ―Nem'ro offers a reward for those who kill his foes in a message P8-47 displayed.
P8-47 was a droid who was owned by the Hutt crime lord Suudaa Nem'ro during the Cold War. Whilst owned by Nem'ro, the droid was active on the Hutts' adopted homeworld of Nal Hutta in the industrial town of Jiguuna, which his master ruled. During Nem'ro's rule, a rival Hutt crime lord named Voontara Fa'athra began to move men into Jigunna to try and wrestle control of the town from Nem'ro. Outraged at his rival's invasion, Nem'ro recorded a holographic message P8-47 was to deliver, warning the droid that if the message was ignored, he would destroy the droid and send it to the scrap heap. The message offered rewards to anyone who killed Fa'athra's thugs on the streets of Jigunna. P8-47 traveled to a cantina within Jiguuna known as the Poison Pit where the droid attempted to deliver the message to patrons of he cantina.
P8-47 successfully delivered the message to an Imperial-aligned individual at the Poison Pit. The individual agreed to defeat the thugs and left the cantina, after which they killed at least six of Fa'athra's men in the surrounding area. Nem'ro rewarded the individual with 15 credits, a Hutta commendation, and a minor medpac.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "P8-47 = relieved // Nem'ro = turn P8-47 into spare parts if message ignored // P8-47 = not ready for scrap heap."
- ―P8-47 expresses relief that an individual agreed to kill Fa'athra's men.
P8-47 described its master Nem'ro as all-powerful and considered the Hutt a dangerous individual to refuse. The droid itself feared its master, as the Hutt threatened to scrap the droid if it failed in it's mission. The droid claimed to be relieved when an individual agreed to kill Fa'athra's men for Nem'ro. The droid was capable of displaying holographic messages with sound.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Nem'ro = dangerous to refuse // Nem'ro = turn P8-47 into spare parts if message ignored // P8-47 = stay here for now."
- ―P8-47's dialogue if the player refuses to accept the quest.
P8-47 first appeared in the Video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, released by BioWare in 2011. The droid appears in the mission "Death Mark: Fa'athra Gang" in which he asks players to kill a number of nearby enemy non-player characters. The mission is not part of any class storyline, and thus is optional. It is available only to members of the Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent classes, as it takes place on these classes' starting planet, Nal Hutta. There are no "light side" or "dark side" options within the quest, and once the player has killed the thugs, the quest completes without them having to return to P8-47.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)