- "So I gotta leave the Ghost and go to this nasty-filled asteroid…as a favor to Tseebo?"
- ―Ezra Bridger objects to Kanan Jarrus' plan to lure the Galactic Empire to PM-1203
PM-1203 was a planetoid located in the galaxy's Core Worlds. It was created from the remains of the planet Anaxes after it was obliterated in a cataclysmic event following the Clone Wars, though Fort Anaxes, a Galactic Republic military base, miraculously survived the world's destruction on the newly-created planetoid's surface. The facility became a fuel depot and meeting place for those who required privacy in their dealings, though, unbeknownst to its visitors, Fort Anaxes had also become home to a colony of vicious fyrnocks nested on PM-1203.
- "Sunrise comes along fast in these parts."
- ―Sabine Wren, watching an asteroid block out PM-1203's sun
A temperate planetoid located in the galaxy's Core Worlds, PM-1203 was located within an asteroid belt composed of the planet Anaxes' remnants. It had a thin atmosphere, though it was enough to support a colony of fyrnocks, silicon-based life-forms who evolved to survive on asteroids with similar harsh conditions. They inhabited the caverns of the abandoned planetoid's pockmarked surface. Other asteroids in the belt sporadically eclipsed its sun, shrouding PM-1203 in darkness.
- "Ezra, when we were on that asteroid, you made a dangerous connection through the Force."
- ―Kanan Jarrus, to Ezra Bridger
After the Clone Wars, a cataclysmic event obliterated the planet Anaxes, creating an asteroid belt and PM-1203. Fort Anaxes, a Galactic Republic military base, miraculously survived Anaxes' destruction on PM-1203's surface, becoming a fuel depot and meeting place for those who required privacy in their dealings.
During the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire, Hera Syndulla and Sabine Wren of the Spectres went on a supply run to PM-1203 to rendezvous with an enigmatic ally known as "Fulcrum" at Fort Anaxes. Though the supplies were retrieved by the rebels, Fulcrum was already gone by the time they arrived. However, the rebels' shuttle, the Phantom, was leaking fuel, forcing the pair to hold off a nest of fyrnocks until they were rescued by their crewmates aboard their light freighter, the Ghost. Later, two of the rebels, Jedi Kanan Jarrus and his Padawan Ezra Bridger, returned to PM-1203 to draw the Grand Inquisitor away from the Ghost, which had rescued Tseebo, a defecting Imperial Information Office worker carrying top-secret information, from the Empire. After arriving at Fort Anaxes with a squad of stormtroopers, the Inquisitor and his soldiers were attacked by fyrnocks under Jarrus and Bridger's control. The Inquisitor ultimately defeated Jarrus, though Bridger drew upon the dark side of the Force to summon a massive fyrnock, which attacked the Jedi hunter and allowed him and his master to escape aboard the Phantom.
Behind the scenesEdit
PM-1203 first appeared, albeit unidentified, in "Out of Darkness," the fifth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars Rebels' first season, which was first released on demand on November 3, 2014 and made its broadcast debut the following week on Disney XD on November 10, 2014. It was first identified in Ezra's Duel with Danger, a junior novel adaptation of the Star Wars Rebels episodes "Empire Day," "Gathering Forces," and "Path of the Jedi" written by Michael Kogge and released as part of the Star Wars Rebels chapter books series on March 17, 2015. Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game, released in August of 2016, placed Anaxes, and as a result PM-1203, on grid square L-9.
While early sources claimed that Fort Anaxes was built upon an asteroid, it was later established that the military base was already on PM-1203's surface when the planetoid was formed from Anaxes' shattered remains.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi" (Indirect mention only)
- Ezra's Duel with Danger (First identified as PM-1203)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Savage Spirits (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game — Based on the map placement of Anaxes
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head was written with the implication that PM-1203 was one of the asteroids where fyrnocks evolved; while this was later revealed to be incorrect, it can be assumed that PM-1203 had the thin atmosphere and harsh conditions characteristic of these asteroids.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10
- ↑ (Slide 5)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Ezra's Duel with Danger
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ (Slide 11)
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ "Star Wars Rebels Recounted"—Star Wars Insider 156