Paarin Minor was a planet located in the Cademimu sector of the Outer Rim Territories. A stronghold of the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars, the planet was the target of an unsuccessful attack by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. It later fell within the territory of the Galactic Empire, and eventually within Supreme Commander Gilad Pellaeon's Imperial Remnant from 12 ABY to 17 ABY.
Paarin Minor was a planet situated in the Paarin Minor system of the Cademimu sector, which was located in the region of the galaxy known as the Outer Rim Territories. The world lay along the Celanon Spur hyperlane.
During the Clone Wars fought between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Paarin Minor was a stronghold of the Grand Army of the Republic, and in the year 22 BBY, it served as the headquarters of the Ninth Sector Army, which was commanded by Moff Denn Wessex. At some point between 22 BBY and 19 BBY, the Separatists attempted to conquer the planet. However, the Republic forces used a weather-generation machine to create an artificial cloud cover that screened its clone troopers from the Separatist forces. When the Separatists broke free of the cloud-screen, they were surprised by Republic fire and forced to flee after sustaining heavy casualties.
After the end of the Clone Wars, Paarin Minor belonged to the territory of the newly-formed successor regime of the Republic, the Galactic Empire, which fragmented in 4 ABY after the Battle of Endor. Between the years 12 ABY and 17 ABY, the planet was under control of the Imperial Remnant, led by Supreme Commander Gilad Pellaeon.
Behind the scenesEdit
Paarin Minor was created by James Luceno for his 2005 novel Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. The planet was later mentioned in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and The Essential Guide to Warfare, which were released in 2008 and 2012, respectively.
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Paarin Minor system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 212
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 3 ("Paarin Minor")
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 112
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 100
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 111
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 193
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 211