The Padawan braid was a symbol worn in the hair or head that marked the rank of a Jedi Padawan. When a Padawan was declared a Jedi Knight after passing the trials, the braid was shed. If a Padawan was instead expelled from the Jedi Order, the braid was ripped off, as what happened to Ahsoka Tano.
The braid was composed of a long strand of intricately woven hair typically worn across the right shoulder. In the case of Padawans who were of a non-human species, alternatives such as silka beads were worn instead.
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (Picture only)