- "That was some diversion, Sabine. Did the job so well, can see the explosion from here."
"Forget the explosion. Look at the color."
- ―Hera Syndulla and Sabine Wren discuss the aftermath of a paint bomb
Paint bombs were miniaturized explosives which spread clouds of paint and were created by the young Mandalorian weapons expert Sabine Wren. She used one during a diversion on Lothal, planting it on a TIE fighter. It went off, knocking down several stormtroopers and spreading paint on their armor. The diversion allowed the starship the Ghost to escape.
Behind the scenesEdit
Paint bombs first appeared in Star Wars Rebels. The young readers book Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head featured a match-up between Wren and Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko, when Wren infiltrated the Imperial Academy on Lothal to plant a paint bomb in his office.
In Angry Birds Star Wars II, Wren used her paint bombs to escape from Imperial stormtroopers.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Art Attack" (First appearance)
- Sabine's Art Attack
- A New Hero (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty of Trouble"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy