- "That was some diversion, Sabine. Did the job so well, can see the explosion from here."
"Forget the explosion. Look at the color."
- ―Hera Syndulla and Sabine Wren discuss the aftermath of a paint bomb
Paint bombs were miniaturized explosives which spread clouds of paint and were created by the young Mandalorian weapons expert Sabine Wren. She used one during a diversion on Lothal, planting it on a TIE fighter. It went off, knocking down several stormtroopers and spreading paint on their armor. The diversion allowed the starship the Ghost to escape.
The weapons work by filling explosives with different types of material to create varying results.
Behind the scenesEdit
Paint bombs first appeared in Star Wars Rebels. The young readers book Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head featured a match-up between Wren and Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko, when Wren infiltrated the Imperial Academy on Lothal to plant a paint bomb in his office.
In Angry Birds Star Wars II, Wren used her paint bombs to escape from Imperial stormtroopers.
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Star Wars Rebels – "Art Attack" (First appearance)
- Sabine's Art Attack
- A New Hero (First mentioned)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty of Trouble"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore
- Star Wars Rebels – "DUME"