- "Everybody knows Palanhi. Little crossroads planet with an overblown idea of their own importance."
- ―Han Solo
- "The investigators ran a check on all the accounts the bank served and discovered that there'd been a large transfer into Ackbar's account that same morning from the central bank on Palanhi."
- ―Leia Organa Solo
Palanhi joined the Galactic Republic early in its history, sometime between 25,000 BBY and 22,000 BBY, although it was outside of Republic space at the time. During the Alsakan Conflicts, it supported Alsakan.
The planet joined the New Republic sometime between 6 ABY and 7 ABY. It was a New Republic stronghold during the Zsinj campaign but was lost during the Thrawn campaign, in 9 ABY. During the campaign, New Republic Admiral Ackbar was arrested after Imperial technicians transferred a large sum of money into Ackbar's account. Later back under New Republic control, Palanhi was conquered before Operation Shadow Hand by the Imperial/Pentastar Alignment forces, in 10 ABY. Grand Moff Ardus Kaine was killed over the planet shortly after, when his shuttle was ambushed by several New Republic E-wing fighters.
Behind the scenesEdit
Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide misspells the planet as "Palanini."
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (as "Palanini")
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook