- "Your Highness, this is a battle I do not think that we can win."
- ―Panaka, to Queen Padmé Amidala
Panaka served as the royal bodyguard for Queen Padmé Amidala during the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo. He was referred to as "the quickest eyes on Naboo" due to his detail-oriented approach and dedication to the queen's safety. As the head of the royal security, Panaka oversaw the Security Guard, the Palace Guard, and the Naboo Royal Space Fighter Corps.
After Amidala became senator of Naboo, his nephew Gregar Typho replaced him as her head of security. Panaka would continue his service under Queen Jamillia. He was also a member of the Republic Special Task Force, in which he gained experience fighting space pilots.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings