- "Your Highness, this is a battle I do not think that we can win."
- ―Panaka, to Queen Padmé Amidala
Captain Panaka was a male human who served in Naboo's Royal Security Forces. He notably played an instrumental role in the Invasion of Naboo by the Trade Federation. Eventually, he was made a Moff of the Galactic Empire.
Panaka served as the royal bodyguard for Queen Padmé Amidala during the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo. He was referred to as "the quickest eyes on Naboo" due to his detail-oriented approach and dedication to the queen's safety. As the head of the royal security, Panaka oversaw the Security Guard, the Palace Guard, and the Naboo Royal Space Fighter Corps.
After Amidala became senator of Naboo, his nephew Gregar Typho replaced him as her head of security. Panaka would continue his service under Queen Jamillia. He was also a member of the Republic Special Task Force, in which he gained experience fighting space pilots.
Eventually, after the Galactic Republic was replaced by the Galactic Empire, Panaka was made a Moff. He gave Emperor Palpatine an ornate statue, which was placed in the Emperor's receiving chamber aboard the second Death Star.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations