The entire moon was covered in a gelid ocean consisting of mud in which many different creatures dwelt. The moon was inhabited and had at least one city which catered to many different alien species. The Galactic Empire had a presence on the moon during the Galactic Civil War.
In 0 ABY, Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, and C-3PO encountered Boba Fett near Panna City when Luke landed his Y-wing there. Although Fett at first appeared to be a friend, and helped the droids find a cure for Skywalker and Solo's illness at the time, Luke and R2 eventually learned that his intentions were to locate the rebel base for Darth Vader. Fett escaped via his jetpack after his true intentions were revealed.
The inhabitants of the moon were known for their distinct hotcakes, simply called Panna cakes. This recipe was popular enough to be exported off-world, and served in locations such as Dex's Diner on Coruscant.
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical mention)
- The Story of the Faithful Wookiee (First appearance)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- "A Long Time Ago...."—Star Wars Insider 104 (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Classic Moment"—Star Wars Insider 106
- (First identified as Panna Prime)
- Dining at Dex's
- "I Have a Bad Feeling About This!"—Star Wars Insider 106
- "I Have a Bad Feeling About This!"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2012