- "Three fluffy hotcakes prepared just the way they make 'em on the red-water moon in the Panna system. Served fresh off the robo-griddle with bantha butter and carbosyrup."
- ―Description for panna cakes at Dex's Diner
Panna cakes were a breakfast dish consisting of hotcakes. Locations where they were made and eaten included the moon Panna Prime and Dex's Diner on the planet Coruscant. At the diner, the cakes were prepared by the Besalisk chef Dexter Jettster, who cooked the cakes on a robo-griddle and served them with bantha butter and carbosyrup.
Panna cakes were a dish consisting of hotcakes that could be cooked on a robo-griddle and could be eaten by members of the Besalisk species. Described by the Besalisk chef Dexter Jettster as fluffy and delicious, the cakes could be served with bantha butter and carbosyrup. Ettel nuts or zoochberries could also be served with the dish.
The cakes were made and eaten on Panna Prime, a moon in the Panna system, and were also served as a breakfast dish at Dex's Diner, an eatery located on the planet Coruscant. Dexter Jettster, who owned Dex's, sold the cakes fresh off a robo-griddle in portions of three with bantha butter, carbosyrup, and a breakfast side dish for 4.5 and offered ettel nuts or zoochberries with the dish for an additional 1. The cakes were sold at Dex's Diner sometime prior to its destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire's rule.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "At its most basic level, this thinking led to a number of puns—Panna cakes, Wol Cabasshews, Xizor salad, Sic-Six-layer cake, Tibanna split and Shili cheese dog among them—that are either inspired or stupid or both, depending on one's sense of humor."
- ―Gregory Walker
Panna cakes were first mentioned in the 2009 StarWars.com Hyperspace-exclusive article Dining at Dex's, written by Gregory Walker in the style of an in-universe menu for Dex's Diner. In his StarWars.com blog, Walker stated that the dish's name was a pun, as "panna cake" is similar to the real-world pancake.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Last of the Jedi: Underworld, which The Essential Reader's Companion dates to around 18 BBY, establishes that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The New Essential Chronology dates the Empire's formation to 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.