The system contained seven planets and 35 moons, with at least Panna Prime being able to support life. The population consisted mostly of an assortment of pirates, outlaws, traders and prospectors, with the system characterized by the three major gas giants and the extensive asteroid belts around them.
When he prepared his overthrow of the Cronese King Ferece, the pirate-lord Xer was known to have gathered a sizable fleet in this system. Millennia later, Luke Skywalker and the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO came to this system to look for the Millennium Falcon soon after the Battle of Yavin. They encountered the bounty hunter Boba Fett and were almost captured by him.
Behind the scenesEdit
An animatic for The Star Wars Holiday Special's animated segment indicates that the Panna system has 37 planets and 35 moons. The number of planets was scaled down in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Star Wars Adventures 4: Jango Fett vs. the Razor Eaters (Mentioned only)
- The Story of the Faithful Wookiee (First appearance)
- Star Tours
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 35 (FET19, Boba Fett)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "I Have a Bad Feeling About This!"—Star Wars Insider 106