Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Panthers were carnivorous feline predators that were known to hunt smaller prey that were not a danger to them, such as mice. When the fancy struck them, panthers played with their prey prior to killing and eventually eating it. Known subspecies included the Corellian sand panther and the plains panther. When Red Rishyk, Bannistar Station's head of security, discovered and disarmed Deena Shan during the Rebel Alliance's attack on the station, he metaphorically compared himself to a panther and her a mouse prior to his abortive attempt to kill her.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rishyk's comparison to himself as a predator and Shan as his prey, in addition to his statement that he wanted to "play a little" before killing her led a number of readers to believe that he intended to rape her. Writer Jeremy Barlow and editor Randy Stradley stated the dialogue was intended to convey that Rishyk was instead planning to kill Shan in a slow and torturous manner. Stradley in particular, responded to the controversy with the inquiry, "What kind of cats do you guys have where you live?"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Rebellion 12: Small Victories, Part 2 (First mentioned)
Note and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Rebellion #12: Small Victories, part 2 (of 4) on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; accessed March 2, 2013)
- ↑ "REBELLION #12 -- We blew up our own ship. Now what?" on Dark Horse Message Boards
- ↑ Response to "REBELLION #12 -- We blew up our own ship. Now what?" on Dark Horse Message Boards (posted Mar 13, 2008 3:23 pm by Jeremy Barlow)
- ↑ Response to "REBELLION #12 -- We blew up our own ship. Now what?" on Dark Horse Message Boards (posted Mar 13, 2008 6:53 pm by Randy Stradley)
Panther on Wikipedia