Biology and appearance
Pantorans were slender, blue-skinned humanoids native to the moon Pantora. They appeared to share similar ancestry with the Wroonian species. Pantorans also seemed to have a greater resilience to low temperatures than humans.
Society and culture
Pantorans maintained a democratic government of elected officials. They were governed by the Pantoran Assembly, which was in turn presided over by the harsh, iron-willed Chairman Chi Cho and following his death, succeeded by Baron N.Papanoida. They were an influential people who were part of the Galactic Republic with full Senatorial representation on Coruscant. During the final years of the Galactic Republic, Pantora was represented in the Senate by a young female Senator named Riyo Chuchi.
During the Clone Wars, the Pantorans requested, and were granted, a Republic outpost in their system as protection from the Separatists. A Republic military base was established on the frigid world of Orto Plutonia, a protectorate world of Pantora.
When the entire force of clone troopers stationed on Orto Plutonia went missing, the Republic sent Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker to investigate. They were met on the planet by Chairman Cho and Senator Chuchi. Cho immediately attempted to assert his authority, giving orders to both the Jedi and the clone troopers accompanying them.
While searching the empty Republic base, Chairman Cho was convinced the Separatists were responsible. Finding a Separatist base not far away seemed to confirm his suspicions. However, after finding the Separatist base also destroyed with no evidence of contact between the Republic and CIS forces, Kenobi and Skywalker set out on Freeco bikes to discover the truth. They found a tribe of Talz in the hills and discovered they were responsible for the destruction of both bases, having felt threatened by their presence. Though evidence showed the Talz had been on Orto Plutonia for some time, possibly longer than the Pantorans had claimed sovereignty over the planet, Chairman Cho insisted the Talz were trespassers and declared war with them.
After a pitched battle, instigated by Cho, the Chairman and many of his clone trooper guards were killed before Senator Chuchi, with the support of the Pantoran Assembly, was able to garner peace with the Talz chieftain, Thi-Sen, assuring him that the Pantoran people would leave Orto Plutonia in peace.
When the Trade Federation blockaded Pantora, many Pantorans protested to the new chairman, N. Papanoida, that they should leave the Republic and join the Confederacy of Independent Systems so trade could resume.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Planets in Peril
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Republic Defender" ("Grievous Steals Life Day" special stage) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Retcon)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (Retcon) (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Official Episode Guide: Season 1
- "50 Great Reasons to Rewatch Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three"—Star Wars Insider 125
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (Picture only)