- "You have to hold on more tightly."
"But you are a delicate child—my grip will harm you. And I don't want to jumble my papers."
"Falling off the bike will do a lot worse than that."
- ―Merei Spanjaf and Holshef
Paper was a material on which documents could be written or printed. By the time of the Galactic Empire, the existence of books with ink printed on paper was relatively rare in the galaxy. Agent Kallus of the Imperial Security Bureau was surprised to observe such books on the bookshelves of Captain Zataire on the Lawbringer. Holshef, an elderly human male poet, wrote his poems on paper. During his time in hiding from the Galactic Empire for his rebellious artistic expressions, he accumulated massive piles of papers of his poetry. He was later forced to flee with only a week's worth of writings. During a wild chase on a jumpspeeder, many of these blew away and one of them blinded a bounty hunter that was chasing him and Merei Spanjaf, resulting in a fatal accident.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest (Mentioned only)
- Lords of the Sith (First appearance)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- The Rebellion Begins (First mentioned)
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Star Wars: Commander (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part IV (Mentioned only)