A parasite was a creature that lived off another (the host) usually by feeding off it or literally living on or within its body. An example of a parasite was the orbalisk. Mynocks were considered parasites by many pilots for their habit of attaching themselves to starships to feed on power cables. Another case of parasitic life was the sarlacc breeding habit: a male would attach itself to a female like a parasite and feed its sperm into the female. The Lamproids of Florn were descended from intestinal parasites who had evolved to become sentient predators in their own right.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Parasite on Wikipedia