A parsec was a unit of distance. Despite a parsec being a unit of distance and not time, Han Solo twice boasted about the speed of his spaceship by claiming it made the Kessel Run in "less than twelve parsecs." Solo was describing how fast and thus how close to a black hole his ship could fly; resulting in a straighter and shorter course on the Kessel run. Tatooine was less than a parsec away from Geonosis. The Kamino system was located twelve parsecs south of the Rishi Maze. During the Clone Wars, the planet Toydaria became vital to breaking the Separatist blockade over Ryloth because it was 2000 parsecs closer to the Ryloth system than the nearest Republic fleet.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters" (Mentioned only)
- Lords of the Sith
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 18: Rebel Jail, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 8: The Screaming Citadel, Part V (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 34: The Thirteen Crates (Mentioned only)
- Han Solo, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
Notes and referenceEdit
- Parsec on Wikipedia