Pauldrons were a type of armor worn by soldiers of the Galactic Republic, the Galactic Empire, and the First Order. These represented the wearer's rank or affiliation. These varied in color, and could sometime feature symbols associated with the wearer's commander.
Members of the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, such as Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Magma troopers, Snipers, Grenadiers and Death troopers were all known to wear a variety of different colors of pauldrons, that could indicate the wearer's rank, position or specialization. A black coloured pauldron indicated enlisted troopers, white was for sergeants, and orange for unit leaders or Stormtrooper commanders. Snipers wore blue pauldrons, and Grenadiers wore red. Imperial stormtroopers stationed aboard Grand Admiral Thrawn's flagship Chimaera wore pauldrons that, although in the normal color variations, featured a symbol of a stylized Chimaera in the middle. This symbol was associated with the Grand Admiral, and also appeared on the uniforms of Imperial officers aboard the ship.
Death troopers used black pauldrons to signify specialists, who had access to additional weapons and equipment. The pauldrons used gave additional information when viewed through a Death Trooper's helmet.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars Rebels: Strike Missions
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
Pauldron on Wikipedia