|Type of government||
|Head of State|
|Head of Government|
Presumably by 30 ABY
- "Perhaps it should be admitted that infidels who are so disposed to join an organization called the 'Peace Brigade' may not be temperamentally inclined toward war."
- ―Nom Anor
The Peace Brigade was a group of galactic citizens that collaborated with the Yuuzhan Vong invaders during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Their symbol was the image of a Human hand and a Yuuzhan Vong hand clasped, as equals. Ironically, in the Yuuzhan Vong language, the phrase for peace was indistinguishable in meaning from the phrase for submission.
The Peace Brigade was formed by sentients who thought that the New Republic maintained an apathetic attitude and did not react properly to the threat of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. They presumed that the Yuuzhan Vong would ultimately win the war; so, the Peace Brigade thought it best to become the allies of the Yuuzhan Vong against the Jedi. In the process of disrupting planetary governments, capturing ranking officials, and turning over Jedi prisoners to the invasion force, the Brigade was only sealing their own fate, for the Yuuzhan Vong had little use for them once the war had reached a conclusion. But, as membership in the Brigade continued to grow and expand beyond the control of their loose governing structure, it was obvious they required a clear, more rigid command structure to continue functioning as a single, cohesive organization.
After the Yuuzhan Vong drove the Hutts out of their former Space, Ylesia was granted to the Brigade for use as a location of their central headquarters, where it became the armed forces of the Ylesian Republic. The hierarchy was simplistic: a single headquartered group, with command branching down into the smaller, independent cells operating furtively throughout the galaxy. In function, the Brigade was an ideological combination of the Bothan Spynet and Black Sun, employing both guerrilla tactics and political manipulation. The Brigade deployed its own fleet, but its most effective weapon was still subtle manipulation of galactic politics, furthering the goals of their alleged allies, the Yuuzhan Vong.
When Thrackan Sal-Solo reappeared, the Yuuzhan Vong forced him to become Commander-in-Chief of the Brigade by promising not to attack Sal-Solo's homeworld, Corellia. When Ylesia itself was attacked by a joint task force of the New Republic and Bothan Fleets, once again the Brigade's command and control ability was crippled; and another blow was dealt when Sal-Solo was captured during the battle. But much like the Black Sun and similar clandestine organizations, the Brigade would soon emerge revitalized and revivified, and with new leadership to continue their fight.
By this point, however, the galaxy at large had realized and accepted the fact that the Yuuzhan Vong had broken their word far too many times to be again trusted with the promise of mercy. Ironically, at the latter stages of the conflict, the Yuuzhan Vong began to use Peace Brigadiers in their slave forces; however, most of the Peace Brigade remained loyal to the Yuuzhan Vong. After the recapture of Coruscant, ranking members of the Peace Brigade were placed on trial for both treason and war crimes.
- (Mentioned only)
- Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First appearance)
- Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- Balance Point
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- Emissary of the Void
- Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Dark Journey
- Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream (Mentioned only)
- Traitor (Mentioned only)
- Destiny's Way
- "Equals & Opposites"—Star Wars Tales 21
- Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic III: Reunion
- The Final Prophecy (Mentioned only)
- The Unifying Force
- (Mentioned only)
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Hero's Guide
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Emperor's Pawns"—Star Wars Gamer 5 (Mentioned only) "
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia