- "Do you think you could give me a hand… Uh…?"
"Peet. Peet Deretalia. Of course. This is nothing. Just looks like the motivator disengaged."
- ―Theo Meltsa and Peet Deretalia
Peet Deretalia was a human female who worked as a technician for the Resistance ground crew. During Deretalia's service, she became affectionate toward X-wing pilot Theo Meltsa, but she was too timid to introduce herself. Around 34 ABY, the astromech droid BB-8 enacted a scheme that introduced Deretalia to Meltsa, and the two humans immediately bonded. Deretalia thanked BB-8 with an extra oil bath, and she sent a commendation of the droid to Commander Poe Dameron.
- "What… What are you doing? Hey! Cut it out!"
- ―Peet Deretalia is pestered by BB-8
A human female, Peet Deretalia was a technician who served in the Resistance against the First Order. Working for the ground crew at the Resistance base on D'Qar, Deretalia serviced and maintained T-70 X-wing fighters and Resistance droids. During her time as a technician, Deretalia fell in love with Resistance pilot Theo Meltsa. Likewise, Meltsa had feelings for Deretalia, but they were both too shy to introduce themselves.
Less than a year before the First Order's attack on Tuanul in 34 ABY, the astromech droid BB-8 took notice of Deretalia and Meltsa's mutual feelings, so the droid formed a plan to introduce them. BB-8 sabotaged Meltsa's X-wing starfighter and approached Deretalia, halting her work by repeatedly bumping into her. Deretalia quickly grew irritated of BB-8's antics and told the droid to stop, but the droid continued, knocking her off balance and causing her to fall into Meltsa.
- "I'm… I'm sorry… Um…?"
"Theo. Theo Meltsa."
"I'm sorry, Theo. This droid is being difficult."
- ―Peet Deretalia meets Theo Meltsa
Deretalia and Meltsa immediately bonded, and the pilot introduced himself, asking Deretalia if she could repair his ship. Deretalia cheerfully obliged, and she invited Meltsa to get a meal, stating that she knew the chef in the mess hall. Meltsa accepted her offer, and before the two left, Deretalia thanked BB-8 with a kiss. Hand-in-hand, Deretalia and Meltsa departed for the mess hall.
Later, Deretalia spoiled BB-8 with an extra oil bath, and she sent a note to Commander Poe Dameron, praising BB-8's wisdom. In the note, Deretalia also expressed concern for Meltsa's safety, and she requested that Dameron watch over him.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "There. See? Good as new."
"Thank you so much. You are wonderful."
"Oh! Ha-ha! It was…um… Heh-heh. It was nothing."
- ―Peet Deretalia and Theo Meltsa
Deretalia had black hair, green eyes, and dark skin. She had affectionate feelings for Meltsa, but she was too bashful to introduce herself. When Deretalia's work was disrupted by BB-8, she was annoyed, but she became grateful once she understood the droid's plan. Deretalia worried for Meltsa every time he entered his X-wing, and she voiced her concerns to Commander Dameron.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- "You know, any time you want me to look over your ship—make sure no more parts are falling off—I can always help."
- ―Peet Deretalia, to Theo Meltsa
As a technician, Deretalia performed maintenance tasks on T-70 X-wing starfighters, and she was also responsible for servicing Resistance droids. When Meltsa's X-wing motivator was sabotaged by BB-8, Deretalia was easily able to repair the ship.
- "Commander Dameron, I hope you don't mind, but I spoiled BB-8 with an extra lubrication bath today."
- ―Excerpt of Peet Deretalia's note to Poe Dameron
Deretalia wore brown gloves, black boots, and green overalls over a dark-green shirt. When working on Resistance starfighters, Deretalia carried a toolbox containing an assortment of devices. As a technician for the Resistance's droid pool, Deretalia had access to oil baths.
Behind the scenesEdit
Peet Deretalia first appeared in "SaBBotage," a comic strip created by Chris Eliopoulos and Jordie Bellaire. The story was first published in Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I and released in 2016.
- "SaBBotage"—Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 "SaBBotage"—Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the attack on Tuanul to 34 ABY, and Before the Awakening establishes that Poe Dameron joined the Resistance less than a year prior. Since Dameron is a Resistance member at the time of "SaBBotage," Peet Deretalia must have met Theo Meltsa less than a year before the attack.