- "Do you think you could give me a hand… Uh…?"
"Peet. Peet Deretalia. Of course. This is nothing. Just looks like the motivator disengaged."
- ―Theo Meltsa and Peet Deretalia
Peet Deretalia was a human female who worked as a technician for the Resistance ground crew. In 34 ABY, the astromech droid BB-8 introduced Deretalia to Theo Meltsa, an X-wing pilot, and the two fell in love. Deretalia thanked BB-8 with an extra oil bath, and she sent a commendation of the droid to Commander Poe Dameron.
- "I'm… I'm sorry… Um…?"
"Theo. Theo Meltsa."
"I'm sorry, Theo. This droid is being difficult."
- ―Peet Deretalia meets Theo Meltsa
A human female, Peet Deretalia was a technician who joined the Resistance by the year 34 ABY. Working for the ground crew at the Resistance base on D'Qar, Deretalia serviced and maintained T-70 X-wing fighters and Resistance droids. During her time as a technician, Deretalia noticed Resistance pilot Theo Meltsa, and she developed affectionate feelings toward him. Likewise, Meltsa had feelings for Deretalia, but they were both too shy to introduce themselves.
The astromech droid BB-8 took notice of their mutual feelings, so one day, the droid sabotaged Meltsa's X-wing starfighter. BB-8 then bumped into Deretalia, halting her work. Deretalia was startled by the droid, but before she could raise any questions, BB-8 bumped into her again. Growing irritated, she told BB-8 to stop, but the droid continued bumping into the technician, knocking her into Meltsa. Deretalia and Meltsa immediately bonded, and Meltsa introduced himself, asking if Deretalia could repair his ship. Deretalia cheerfully obliged, and she invited the pilot to get a meal, stating that she knew the chef in the mess hall. Meltsa accepted, and before the two left, Deretalia went to BB-8, thanking the droid with a kiss. Hand-in-hand, Deretalia and Meltsa left.
Later, Deretalia spoiled BB-8 with an extra oil bath for matching her with Meltsa. Deretalia sent a note to the droid's owner, Commander Poe Dameron, praising BB-8's wisdom. In the note, Deretalia also expressed her worry for Meltsa's safety, and she requested that Dameron watch over him.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "There. See? Good as new."
"Thank you so much. You are wonderful."
"Oh! Ha-ha! It was…um… Heh-heh. It was nothing."
- ―Deretalia and Meltsa
Deretalia had black hair, green eyes, and dark skin. She had feelings for Meltsa, but she was too bashful to introduce herself. When BB-8 introduced them, Deretalia was cheerful, and she felt gratitude toward the droid. Deretalia felt worry for Meltsa every time he entered his X-wing, and she told her concerns to Commander Dameron.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- "You know, any time you want me to look over your ship—make sure no more parts are falling off—I can always help."
- ―Deretalia, to Meltsa
As a technician, Deretalia performed maintenance tasks on T-70 X-wing starfighters, and she was also responsible for servicing Resistance droids. When Meltsa's X-wing motivator was sabotaged by BB-8, Deretalia easily repaired the ship.
- "Commander Dameron, I hope you don't mind, but I spoiled BB-8 with an extra lubrication bath today."
- ―Excerpt of Deretalia's note to Dameron
Deretalia wore brown gloves, black boots, and green overalls over a gray shirt. When working on Resistance starfighters, Deretalia carried a toolbox containing an assortment of devices. As a technician for the Resistance's droid pool, she treated droids with oil baths.
Behind the scenesEdit
Peet Deretalia first appeared in "SaBBotage," a comic strip created by Chris Eliopoulos and Jordie Bellaire. The story was first published in Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I and released on April 6, 2016.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 "SaBBotage"—Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log establishes that Peet Deretalia met Theo Meltsa by the time Poe Dameron joined the Resistance. Before the Awakening establishes that Dameron joined shortly before the attack on Tuanul, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. As such, it can be deduced that Deretalia met Meltsa in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Poe Dameron: Flight Log