Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The peggat was a Huttese currency made of gold. During the last decades of the Galactic Republic, it was used in the Outer Rim Territories on Hutt-dominated planets such as Tatooine. At that time, a single peggat's worth fluctuated near forty standard credits. A peggat was equal to sixty-four wupiupi, or four truguts.
In 32 BBY, the podracer pilot named Boles Roor wagered five million peggats—about 200,000,000—that his colleague Ben Quadinaros would never dare enter the Boonta Eve Classic. Quadinaros did, however, and while he failed to make it past the starting grid, he still had met the conditions of the bet. Quadinaros thus pocketed the promised sum, which made him a rich Toong.
Peggats remained in use on Tatooine long after the fall of the Republic and the establishment of Palpatine's Galactic Empire. It still had legal tender and was still in circulation after the Battle of Endor, which saw the Empire's defeat and its replacement by a New Republic. In 8.5 ABY, Commander Quenton of the Imperial Remnant placed a bid for the auctioned painting Killik Twilight using peggats, since he did not recognize New Republic credits.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Episode I: Anakin Skywalker
- Episode I: Qui-Gon Jinn (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 3: Duel at Shattered Rock
- Lone Wolf: A Tale of Obi-Wan and Luke
- Tatooine Ghost
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia