Pendra Siliu was a human female child who lived with her mother Huika and her father Larn Siliu on the moon Jedha during the insurgency fought there by the rebel Saw Gerrera's Partisans and the Galactic Empire. Due to the conflict, Siliu's mother sought passage off world to anywhere that she and her daughter could be safe; however, in the year 0 BBY, the pair were still on the moon in Jedha City. During an attack on an Imperial patrol in the city streets by the insurgents, Siliu was separated from her mother and began crying out for her in fear. The Alliance to Restore the Republic agent Jyn Erso spotted the child crying in the chaos and ran to her from cover, holding her and shielding her from the fighting until her mother spotted the two of them and rushed over to drag Siliu away to safety. Jedha City was destroyed a short time later by the Empire's Death Star superweapon and Pendra died in her father's arms.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character was not identified in the film, but received a name in the reference book Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Pendra Siliu)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ screenshot) . "Thank you #Lucasfilm and all involved for letting Ivy be a part of @StarWars. Ivy really enjoyed #StarWars #RogueOne movie and Visual Guide!" (