A powerful target blaster with a negligible stun setting, the MB-450 was in actuality a hunting pistol; using a double-nested set of precision galven coils to focus it's energy beam, the extremely accurate bolt produced is narrower than a normal blaster bolt, yet packs a powerful punch per shot that is out of proportion to the blasters class and energy requirements - approaching that of a regular blaster. These weapons can be customized on order to the buyers whim, but are also marked with an identifier number indicating production details; often these numbers are obscured or removed.
Designed to circumvent local governmental restrictions against citizens carrying military weapons, the weapon was considered to be a spies weapon of choice for it's power and accuracy, while not drawing attention to itself when inspected by authorities like many other heavier - but restricted - weapons. For instance, it was the favored weapon of the Ithorian bounty hunter Bulduga.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- Interlude at Darkknell
- Star Wars Missions 19: Bounty on Bonadan (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (First mentioned) (As "Penetrator MB-450")
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- The Far Orbit Project
- Arms & Equipment Guide