Perfumes were fragrant substances that sapient beings applied to themselves in order to give their bodies what they considered a pleasant scent. They were typically made from plants such as the jesmin or the nlorna flower, although elements of animal origin like the scent glands of a tirginni beast or the costly ambergris vomited by the cetaceans of Doreen were also used. Some perfumes were even based on the pheromones produced by sentients, in order to magnify the effects of the wearer's own. In addition to providing an attractive scent, perfumes were also used to mask bad or excessive body odors. There existed perfume for every taste: they could be sweet, musky or spicy. The Human inhabitants of the planet Naboo were notably fond of perfumes and produced some of their own, which were notably sold at the Port Landien Perfumery.
- The Monster"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- Star Wars Droids 2: The Ultimate Weapon
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (Mentioned only)
- Crucible (Mentioned only)