Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Perlemian Trade Route, originally known as The Axis, was a vital trade super-hyperroute that ran through the galaxy. Along with the Corellian Run, it was one of the two routes that made up the border of The Slice. It was founded c. 25,000 BBY, linking the young Galactic Republic with Ossus. The route took its name from the Perlemia system, located in the Core Worlds, which in its early history produced the thousands of scout vessels that charted the route.
It began at Coruscant and passed the worlds of Anaxes, Corulag, Brentaal IV, Carida, Nak Shimor, Taanab, Kulthis, Sorjus, Vaynai, Columex, and Estaria. Beyond Estaria and the Tion Cluster the route became known as the Far Perlemian, and passed through Makem Te, Ter Abbes, and terminated just past Quermia. The Perlemian also passed the Roche asteroid field, The Wheel, and the Cron Drift.
The Route first connected Coruscant to Ossus, and Coruscanti reunited with the Jedi, the ascetic warriors who left the Core centuries ago and remained but a myth until then. The Route contributed to the growth of the Republic since civilizations and colonies sued for protection from the Tionese and Hutt Space. With the Corellian Run, it formed The Slice region of the Galaxy which was explored and populated easier and faster than other parts. Further expansion of the Route led it up to the Wild Space.
The forces of the Republic and of the Tion Hegemony used the route extensively during the Tionese War, where fleets from both powers raced back and forth along the Perlemian, dropping pressure bombs on each other's capitals.
Behind the scenesEdit
There seem to be two disparate accounts of the blazing of this hyperspace route. The first, and most referenced, points to a very early founding of the Route. The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons notes "The first galactic scouts struck out from the Core Worlds along two stable hyperspace paths - the Perlemian Trade Route and the Corellian Run," and Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds notes "A millennium after the fall of Xim the Despot, Human traders claiming to hail from the center of the galaxy visited the Tion . . . Tion pirate fleets followed the new arrivals back down their so-called Perlemian Trade Route; there, they found rich planets bound in a loose, democratic union - and ill prepared for war." The New Essential Chronology indicates the Route was mapped between 25,000 BBY and 24,000 BBY. The Essential Atlas further points out the Perlemian was formed at the time of the formation of the Republic and its Expansionist Period.
However, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic indicates a different history, suggesting that it was founded not long after the end of the Great Sith War, resulting in the decline of worlds like Taris. This information cannot be reconciled with The Essential Atlas and The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons' accounts of the foundation of the Perlemian, so this article assumes that the former account is correct.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (Non-canonical mention)
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 1: Search for the Lost Jedi
- Episode I Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 4: Jedi Emergency (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Jedi: Shaak Ti (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 (Mentioned only)
- The Force Unleashed II novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Boba Fett: A Practical Man
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Appears in hologram)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Exile (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- Millennium Falcon
- Star Wars: Legacy: Trust Issues (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamer 5 "[[|]]"—
- Starships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Insider 65
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA1–2, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- The New Essential Chronology
- "[[|]]"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 53 (High-Speed Travel: Hyperspace Routes)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Written Word
- The Unknown Regions
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Under a Black Sun
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 1.49 1.50 1.51 1.52 1.53 1.54 1.55 1.56 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 11