The Persecutor was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer in service of the Galactic Empire. It participated in the Battle of Scarif in 0 BBY, where it was completely disabled after being subjected to an attack run by a Blue Squadron X-wing, Blue Four, that destroyed its starboard-side bridge-mounted deflector shield generator, followed by a bombing run of ion torpedoes from the Y-wings of Gold Squadron. The crippled Star Destroyer was then pushed by the Hammerhead corvette Lightmaker into the Star Destroyer Intimidator, shearing it in two. The wreckage of both ships subsequently crashed into the Shield Gate and destroyed it, allowing Rogue One to transmit the Death Star plans to the Rebel flagship.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Persecutor first appeared in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, directed by Gareth Edwards and released on December 16, 2016. It was identified by name in Cinefex 151, though John Knoll had confirmed earlier on Reddit that the ships involved in the crash are "the Persecutor and the Intimidator. Affectionately known to the crew at ILM as Timmy and Percy."
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Rogue One, Part V
- Cinefex 151 (First identified as the Persecutor)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ An image caption in Cinefex 151
- ↑ Knoll, John (2016-12-25). Anybody know the names of two particular Star Destroyers that appear in Rogue One? (English). Reddit. Retrieved on February 22, 2017. "The two ships are the Persecutor and the Intimidator. Affectionately known to the crew at ILM as Timmy and Percy."