The Personal Luxury Yacht 3000 was 50 meters long, with a pair of engine pods that extended from the main hull. Each pod housed a sublight engine and a hyperdrive engine. It also had an observational level with an exterior deck near the aft of the ship, while the interior compartment had a small jet-stream meditation pool and several conform-couches. The main deck offered a dining area, a large private suite, and five visitor cabins, as well as the escape pods, the bridge and the main control systems. In addition, the viewports on the side of the ship were retractable. Above the bridge was a docking coupling. It also housed a retractable laser cannon on the ventral side of the ship in the event of emergencies. It sometimes also utilized ion engines. The power couplings and sensor arrays were at the front of the ship, and in some cases jutted out.
During the Liberation of Gerrard V by the Rebel Alliance, the planet's Imperial governor used a small fleet of these yachts in an attempt to pillage the planet's priceless treasures and military supplies as he fled; this was thwarted by Gold Squadron's use of ion cannons.
Behind the scenesEdit
There is an error in the ship's depiction in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. In the show the ship is shown to fire lasers out of the two antenna-like structures on the ventral side of the vessel, however, The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels identifies these structures as the comm transceiver.
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Pirates & Privateers
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 132 (LUX1-2, SoroSuub Luxury Yacht 3000)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Pirates & Privateers
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Ultimate Adversaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- ↑ Name originally listed in The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, shield systems are implied to be stock by The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Chempats confirmed as stock by Star Wars Galaxies website
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels