The Phase I dark trooper was the first model in the dark trooper design program.
Its actual military purpose is unknown as it never participated in battle, but it is known that it was used as a guard in some Imperial installations such as the mines of Gromas 16 and Ice Station Beta on Anteevy.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, these droids can only be created on a planet if Arc Hammer is placed above that specific planet. They were also featured in some of the story missions.
The Phase I Dark Troopers were also made into figures by Hasbro in 2009.
Phase I Dark Troopers also appear in the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion pack, included with an Imperial Fortress during gameplay, alongside the Phase II dark troopers.
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 33 (MIL5-6, Military Droids)
- Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Heroes and Legends (Card: Phase I Dark Trooper)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Heroes and Legends (Card: Experimental Tech Lab)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Heroes and Legends (Card: The Dark Trooper Project)