The quicksilver baton compacted within a containment field owned and carried by Captain Phasma, served essentially for close-quarters combats, like the one her owner had aboard the First Order's flagship Supremacy. When the baton was activated, it extended to full length, boasting spearpoints at either end. The baton's durable cylinder was made from a collapsible micromesh matrix held in a containment field.
The baton had different forms depending on its state: when the baton was inactive, it condensed down to a small baton; but when it was active, it instantly expanded to its full length.
During her service as stormtrooper Captain of the First Order, Phasma chose a quicksilver baton as her personal weapon as it resembled a tribal spear made of quicksilver like the ones that were used by the tribe where she grew up at a mountain range located on the planet Parnassos. In fact, Phasma's skill with traditional melee weapons was marker of her primitive past.
In 34 ABY, when the cruiser Raddus activated the hyperspace mode and destroyed a great part of the Supremacy, Phasma decided to use her baton to fight against Finn now that many of her men had been either incapacitated or killed by the Resistance' ship. Finn, on the other hand, used a Z6 riot control baton of a deceased stormtrooper to combat Phasma. During the battle, despite Phasma's ability with the baton, Finn was able to ultimately strike Phasma down with her weapon, incapacitating her long enough for the ground below her to collapse, sending the baton to a fiery fall. Its owner soon followed it into the burning chasm.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First appearance) (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Set: 75201 First Order AT-ST)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Phasma's baton)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Heroes of the Galaxy