Phidnas were a type of parasitic insectoid found on Geonosis. The glowing creatures had a brownish color, and had two claws by their mouth. When stepped on or shot, phidnas would rupture in a small fireball. Phidnas were the source of the noxious phidna resin. The Geonosians cultivated them in hydroponic gardens for their valuable excrement, which was used in conjunction with stone powder to form a paste-like substance capable of hardening into rock.
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (As "phinda") (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds (As "phidna")
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 23 (GEO2, Geonosis)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 108 (GEO22, Geonosis - Landscape)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Spelled "phidna")