|Height of average adult||
20 meters (male), 17 meters (female)
Orange or green
Very tall, wear primitive clothing
- "The Phlogs are mighty beings, it's true. But they are usually calm and peaceful. We must stay out of their way and never, never make them angry!"
Phlogs were giant sapients. They were used throughout the galaxy as guards, thugs, and gladiators, on planets such as Genesia. One group intended for slavery became stranded on the forest moon of Endor.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Phlogs were powerfully built humanoids with either green or orange skin and red freckles. Each of their limbs ended in four clawed digits, and they covered their round bodies in primitive scraps of clothing. Female Phlogs had small horns growing from the sides of their heads.
Culture and historyEdit
Phlogs were sometimes used throughout the galaxy as laborers or thugs. The earliest possible reference to Phlogs was a boast by slavemaster Zephyrus that he had discovered a species capable of lifting a cargo skiff in one hand, and intended to ship specimens in the slave caravel Sickly Tremor. One theory held that this ship crashed on Endor, resulting in the primitive population that lived in the moon's deserts of Simoom and in the mountains. It was theorized the Gorax came from the same homeworld and arrived on the same ship. The Gorax and Phlogs fought whenever they encountered each other. Ewok legend told that the Phlogs cut down the trees of Simoom's only forest, forcing the Ewoks to migrate to the other side of the moon. Phlogs could be found on numerous planets by the Clone Wars, at least some of them coming there as slaves captured in Moddell sector.
Normally peaceful, Phlogs had short tempers and became dangerous when disturbed—such as when they felt their young were threatened. For example, some attacked the Sanyassan Marauders after that group arrived on Endor, but General Yavid's battle strategies kept them at bay. Phlogs rarely entered the forests, likely due to their tremendous size, but on a few occasions, a family of Phlogs interacted with the Ewoks of Bright Tree Village. In one instance, the Phlogs tried to chop down trees sacred to the Ewoks to build a new castle. Wicket Wystri Warrick, Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka, and other Ewoks drove them away.
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games
- Jedi Quest: The School of Fear
- Jedi Quest: The Shadow Trap
- Jedi Quest: The Changing of the Guard
- Rebel Force: Target
- Rebel Force: Hostage
- How the Ewoks Saved the Trees: An Old Ewok Legend (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Rampage of the Phlogs"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Blue Harvest"
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 1 (WIC2, Wicket W. Warrick)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Warriors of Endor"—Star Wars Insider 110