- "Phoca Soot. Prefect of level one-three-three-one, where many of these lowlifes operate."
- ―Mas Amedda to Moff Tarkin
Phoca Soot was a male Twi'lek who lived during the early years of the Galactic Empire on the planet Coruscant. Soot served as an Imperial police prefect, charged with controlling crime on Level 1331. Soot was executed by the Sith Lord Darth Vader for taking bribes.
- "I am curious about Prefect Soot."
"A pity. Tasked with controlling crime in his sector, he succumbed to temptation by hiring himself out to the Droid Gotra."
- ―Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader
Phoca Soot lived on the planet Coruscant during the early years of the Galactic Empire. He achieved the rank of an Imperial police prefect and was responsible crime control operations on Level 1331. However, Soot became greedy and began taking bribes from the crime lords under his supervision, specifically the Droid Gotra who were allies of the Crymorah syndicate. With Soot on the Droid Gotra's payroll, crime in his sector flourished which brought the situation to the attention of the Sith Lord Darth Vader.
Five years after the formation of the Empire, Soot was called to the Imperial Palace along with several members of the criminal underworld from Level 1331 in apparant effort to discover the reason for the surge in crime. Moff Wilhuff Tarkin arrived on Coruscant for an audience with Emperor Sheev Palpatine just as the proceedings began. Tarkin accompanied Grand Vizier Mas Amedda into the courtroom where Darth Vader, Soot, and Deputy Director of the Imperial Security Bureau Harus Ison were midway through the proceedings. Vader, after threatening the criminals with imprisonment or death if they did not leave Coruscant, then revealed he knew the identity of the person responsible for the surge in crime. To make his point, Vader turned and used the Force to crush Soot's heart, killing him.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "It has come to my attention that a certain being present has failed to grasp that his recent actions reflect a flagrant disrespect for the Emperor. His brazen behavior suggests that he actually takes some pride in his actions. But his duplicity has not gone unnoticed. We are pleased to be able to make an example of him, so that the rest of you might profit at his expense."
- ―Darth Vader just before executing Soot
Soot was a male Twi'lek with a thin build and red tails. Though he had risen to a position of command as prefect of one of Coruscant's sectors, he succumbed to the temptation of being on a crime syndicate's payroll, despite the risk of angering the Emperor. Shortly before executing Soot, Vader remarked that his actions were quite brazen and prideful or at the least, Soot failed to grasp the seriousness of the actions he had taken.
- Tarkin (First appearance)