Pikobis specialized in fishing and probing through the mud for small prey such as gullipuds, nyorks, mees, and small crustaceans. Being waders and runners, they could cover long distances quickly both in and out of the water. Pikobis also had long, pointed beaks lined with sharp teeth that was used to spear and hold onto slippery prey which it usually swallowed in one gulp.
These creatures consisted of large, webbed feet which it used to create shadowy areas to attract fish, keen eyesight, external ears which was different from most reptavians, and a long tail for balance while it ran. Pikobis could shed their tail when attacked. The tail would grow back quickly, even sometimes forked. Scientists have also studied the Pikobis for medical purposes.
The Pikobi traveled in pairs or groups of five to six. The mother would lay its eggs in the sand and upon birth, the young could already walk and swim.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: Empire 21: A Little Piece of Home, Part 2
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I toy line
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 131 (FOO8, Galactic Food and Drink)
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Slide 3)
- (Slide 1)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.46