A pilot, sometimes called a flyboy, directly controlled the operation of a vehicle while located within the same craft. A pilot was often assisted by a copilot, navigator, astromech droid, weapons officer, or other crew members. The term "pilot" was applied across vehicles used on land or in water, air, and/or space.
The military designation for a pilot was PL-1. Whether this applied to all pilots or only starfighter pilots is unknown.
On smaller ships, the word pilot and captain were interchangeable, but on larger vessels, the pilots were rarely the commanders of the vessels.
Starship captains, because of their generally piloting small-scale starships, were sometimes referred to informally as "flyboy."
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan
- LEGO Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Star Wars Episode I: I Am a Pilot
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles video game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- "A Wookiee Scorned!"—Star Wars Tales 10
- "Do or Do Not"—Star Wars Tales 15 (Mentioned only)
- Pilot on Wikipedia