The Pinnacle Room was a circular chamber located at the peak of the Temple Spire in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Within this chamber, the Jedi Order housed its most sacred text in environment-controlled storage units. Chairs could also be brought in to host meetings of the Jedi High Council in addition to the main High Council Chamber.
After the original Temple was destroyed during the Sith Empire's Sacking of Coruscant, the Order was eventually able to raise enough funds with the help of the Galactic Senate to start reconstruction on Tranquillity Spire. In 1000 BBY, the Spire was completed and the pinnacle room established at the summit of the tower. Located directly above the Temple's veranda, the pinnacle room held the oldest and most sacred of the Order's texts and documents. Salvaged from the lost Library of Ossus, the ancient manuscripts were kept in a carefully controlled environment and maintained by the Council of First Knowledge and the slew of Lore Keepers stationed at the Temple.
By the time of the Battle of Coruscant in 19 BBY, the Pinnacle Room was a primary meeting place of the Jedi High Council. During the conclusion of the Clone Wars, the Temple was raided by the 501st Legion led by Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader. Ravaging the Temple, Vader secured the ancient texts, leaving them in the hands of his master Darth Sidious. After the roof was bombed by LAAT gunships, Tranquility Spire was left listing, its interior crumbling.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars junior novelization (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars junior novelization
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Nexus of Power
- ↑ " The Clone Wars Campaign Guide "
- ↑ Revenge of the Sith video game
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed