Pit racing was a popular—yet illegal—sport practiced in the garbage pits of Coruscant. Contestants competed in unique, individually-made pit racers, gliders in which they descended the garbage pits to the lowest levels, where they collected scales from the backs of garbage worms. The sport was highly dangerous and subject to Judicial raids, since garbage canisters, regularly ejected from the pits into orbit, could kill the competitors. Pit racing had been practiced since approximately 129 BBY. Successful pit racers included Reymet Autem and Anakin Skywalker, who frequented the Wicko District garbage pits. Jahan Cross was also familiar the sport, having done it in his youth.
- Anakin: Apprentice
- Rogue Planet (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic: Honor and Duty
- Star Wars: Agent of the Empire—Iron Eclipse, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Rogue Planet mentions that the sport was invented "perhaps a century before" 29 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Agent of the Empire—Iron Eclipse, Part 1