|Planet of Twilight|
- ISBN 0553095404; May 1997, Bantam Spectra, 320-page hardcover
- ISBN 0553471961; May 1997, Bantam Doubleday Dell Audio Publishing, Audio cassette
- ISBN 0553505297; May 1998, Bantam Spectra, 389-page paperback
- ISBN 0553575171; May 4, 1998, Bantam Spectra, 416-page paperback
- ISBN 2258050200; October 1998, Presses de la Cité, 444-page French hardcover (La planète du crépuscule)
- ISBN 8371697902; 1998, Amber, 416-page Polish paperback (Planeta Zmierzchu)
- ISBN 3802524675; Heyne-Verlag, 1999, 526-page German hardcover (Planet des Zwielichts)
- ISBN 345317741X; Heyne-Verlag, 1999, 398-page German paperback
Nam Chorios is a barren backwater world—once a dreaded prison colony, now home to a fanatic religious cult. It is here that Princess Leia has been taken captive by a ruthless and charismatic warlord bent on destroying the New Republic. Meanwhile, Luke lands on a mysterious planet in search of his lost love, Callista, only to discover the Force is his own worst enemy. But worst of all, as Han, Chewie, and Lando leave Coruscant on a desperate rescue mission, a strange life-form, unlike any the galaxy has ever seen, awakens...a life-form so malevolent it will destroy everything—both Empire and New Republic—on its path to domination.
The story takes place on Nam Chorios, a backwater world in the Outer Rim which infamously was the center of the Death Seed plague centuries ago. It is now home to a fanatic religious cult which is plotting to use a new weapon system of quasi-intelligent crystals as unstoppable, unmanned starfighters to attack the New Republic. Leia Organa Solo unofficially goes on a trip to meet with Seti Ashgad, the leader of the Rationalist Party.
Luke Skywalker is there after receiving a message from Callista Ming, an old flame. The worst happens for both — Luke's ship is shot down and Leia is kidnapped by the ancient and corrupt Beldorion the Hutt.
Solo realizes the plot of Seti Ashgad and Dzym, who is actually an evolved droch, and plans to run away. Skywalker meanwhile is looking for Ming under the name of, Owen Lars, when he realizes that the messages that the Rationalists have been hearing are elaborate fakes setup by an intelligent hacker named, Liegeus Vorn. He rushes to save Solo from what must be her captors in the temple of Ashgad.
After a series of adventures, in which Solo kills Beldorion and Skywalker is imbued with the raw power of the Force, the two escape and end the political conspiracy between the Rationalists and the New Republic.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
This is a gallery of the different cover variations of Planet of Twilight.