Plants were a wide variety of organisms, including familiar types such as trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae. Plants made up an important part of many a planet's total amount of living matter. Anaxes, for example, was covered in stunning red-colored plant life. The humid world of Felucia housed immense primitive plants, including enormous pitcher plants and leafy growths. Although the planet situated in the heart of the galaxy seemed to be barren, its heart contained floating islands teeming with luminescent plants.
Some plants, like the carnivorous reeksa, could be used for their medicinal properties. The herbs of Maridun were also used as medicine by the Lurmen healers. They helped mend Anakin Skywalker's injuries when he arrived on their planet. Certain plants were grown for ornamental purposes. For example, the Tatooinian moisture farmer Beru Lars used to grow purple blossoms in the courtyard of her homestead.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
Notes and referencesEdit
- Plant on Wikipedia