- "Take a moment and look around this glorious city of yours. It wasn't long ago this was all plasma mines."
- ―Sheev Palpatine
Plasma was a state of matter with unique electromagnetic properties. It was naturally present in the porous crust of Naboo, a pastoral planet located near the border of the Outer Rim Territories. Both the native Gungans and the Human colonists of Naboo mined plasma from their homeworld's depths. The city of Theed itself, capital of the Nabooan Humans, had once hosted many plasma mines.
Refined plasma was often used in technology. The blades of lightsabers, the signature weapons of the Jedi Knights, were made of pure plasmic energy. At the time of the Clone Wars, many weapons of Umbaran make, including the MHC tank and the hover tank, made use of plasma-based technologies. Thanks to its electromagnetic plasma cannon, the latter could decimate entire platoons of enemy soldiers with one blast. Plasma could also be projected over a chasm to form a drawbridge capable of sustaining the weight of people, ground vehicles and landspeeders. The Wookiee bowcaster made use of quarrels that were charged with plasma energy when fired.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "An Old Friend"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels Season Three
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars: Han Solo, Part I
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)