- "Information is like plasma; it can bind, or it can burn."
- ―Yuuzhan Vong priest
Plasma was one of the four fundamental states of matter, the other three being solid, liquid and gas. Made of a loose mixture of positive and negative charged particles, plasma was the most abundant form of matter in the galaxy. It was naturally produced in stars, and a rarefied form of it filled the intergalactic regions. It was created when a gas got ionized at high temperature, energized or subjected to a strong electromagnetic field.
The planet Naboo was known to export plasma as early as the reign of King Ars Veruna. When used in blasters, it was more effective against droids and shields, while the more common concentrated particle beams were more effective against living beings.
Yuuzhan Vong ships shot balls of plasma.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Old Republic: Deceived
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures Game Book 4: Jedi Emergency
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures video game
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel
- Star Wars 58: Sundown! (First appearance)
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
- The Crystal Star
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 43: Monster, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Debris Zone)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 5 (JAR4, Jar Jar Binks)
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Unknown Regions
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Suns of Fortune
- Star Wars: Sith Wars
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 14 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Naboo)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Plasma on Wikipedia