Plasteel was a hard material that had a variety of uses. For example, interior doors could be made of plasteel. The red Kaleesh mask worn by Sidon Ithano was also made of plasteel, and so were certain parts of Darth Vader's helmet. That material could also be used in reconstructive surgery. By placing a plasteel sleeve over a fused bone segment, a surgeon would lend it enough strength so it was as sturdy as the original bone. Similarly, a plasteel mask could be attached over newly reshaped facial muscles.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Lords of the Sith
- Rebel Rising
- "Rules of the Game"—Canto Bight
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"
- "The Face of Evil"
- "The Perfect Weapon"
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations