A plastron was the name of the broad piece of material covering the ventral (belly) side of upright, bipedal droids. It functioned as a protective covering for their internal circuitry and components. Bollux the BLX labor droid was fitted with an airtight, hinged plastron, in which was housed the slicer droid, Blue Max.
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First identified as Plastron)
- Han Solo's Revenge
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse