Platinum was a strategically valuable metal element worth fifteen to twenty-five credits per gram. It was rumored that an asteroid made entirely of platinum existed in the Hoth asteroid field, known as "Kerane's Folly".
When captured for his bounty, Luke Skywalker found himself unable to make a larger counter-offer, unless, he mused, he suddenly stumbled upon a mountain of platinum.
Behind the scenesEdit
Platinum is the most valuable metal on the market in the real world.
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception
- The Hutt Gambit
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (First mentioned)
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Mentioned only)
- Death Star (Mentioned only)
- Payback: The Tale of Dengar
- Shadows of the Empire novel (Mentioned only)
- X-wing: Isard's Revenge
- Planet of Twilight
- Ambush at Corellia (First appearance)
- Vector Prime (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, First Edition (First appearance)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Goroth: Slave of the Empire
- Illustrated Star Wars Universe (Mentioned only)
- Pirates & Privateers
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
Notes and referencesEdit
- Platinum on Wikipedia