- "Zeltrons: A humanoid race native to the planet Zeltros. They are distinguished by their crimson red skin and possess the unique ability to love others unconditionally."
- ―An excerpt from the Plevitz Essential Guide to Species's entry on Zeltrons
Commissioned by the anthropologist Mammon Hoole and written by the author Plevitz, the Plevitz Essential Guide to Species was a piece of reference literature that focused on a variety of species from across the galaxy. Released before the end of the Clone Wars, Plevitz Essential Guide to Species featured an entry on the Zeltrons, a sentient species that were by nature carefree, fun-loving beings.
- "While Zeltrons have little concern for military defense, they tend to keep themselves in peak physical condition."
- ―An excerpt from Plevitz Essential Guide to Species's entry on Zeltrons
The Plevitz Essential Guide to Species was a piece of non-fiction reference literature that contained anthropological information on different species from across the galaxy. Released sometime prior to the end of the Clone Wars, which concluded in 19 BBY, the Plevitz Essential Guide to Species was written by the professional author Plevitz, who had been hired by the anthropologist Mammon Hoole to do so. The reference literature included an entry on the Zeltrons, a carefree Humanoid sentient species from the planet of Zeltros, who were known for their red skin and ability to love other beings unreservedly.
In the entry, Plevitz stated that Zeltrons could release potent pheromones and sense the emotions of other sentients. The entry noted that while the Zeltron species lacked concern for any military defense of their homeworld, they generally kept themselves physically fit, and thus could become fierce and violent warriors if they found no other way to show their passion.
Behind the scenesEdit
Plevitz Essential Guide to Species was first mentioned in the comic One of a Kind—published in Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 8 on June 20, 2007—where the reference literature is quoted multiple times over the course of the comic's story. The Plevitz Essential Guide to Species was later mentioned in Plevitz's entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, published December 9, 2008.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Plevitz")