Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry repulsorlift gunship
17 meters (wingspan)
|Maximum speed (atmosphere)||
1 (cockpit capsule)
Fuel for 8 hours
|Present for battles/events|
The gunships were decorated with customized nose art depicting the face of Jedi Master Plo Koon between two clone troopers underneath the words "Plo's Bros" written in Aurebesh. The ships were also painted blue in areas that stock LAAT/i gunships were maroon in color.
During the First Battle of Felucia, Republic forces under the command of High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano were engaged in battle with the forces of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. They were being overwhelmed by the droid army and without support due to a Separatist blockade around the planet. Jedi Master Plo Koon was dispatched to bring break the blockade and evacuate the surviving Republic forces.
As Koon's ships engaged the Separatist blockade force in orbit, several starfighters and gunships managed to reach the surface. They first evacuated Kenobi and Skywalker team, the two generals boarding Plo's Bros. They then proceeded to where Commander Tano's team appeared to be driving the droid army back, though they were actually drawing Tano's troops into a trap. It was a ruse that fooled the young commander, who even refused to obey a direct order from General Kenobi to withdraw. Skywalker commanded the pilot to land Plo's Bros and the other gunships between Tano's A6 Juggernaut and the battle droids forcing the Togruta Padawan to cease firing and evacuate her troops. As Plo's Bros and the other gunships lifted into the sky, Tano watched the Juggernaut she had just vacated destroyed by overwhelming enemy fire.
Some time later, a trio of Plo's Bros gunships assisted in the rescue of Jedi Master Mace Windu and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker who had become trapped on the bridge of the wreckage of Endurance, a Venator-class Star Destroyer that had crashed on Vanqor's surface.
One was used in a rescue from the Citadel, passing through the blockade over the planet with the help of three Delta 7B starfighters. This gunship had its bubble turrets replaced with two large external floodlights, and had a sealed cabin.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- (First identified as Plo's Bros)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
- (Slide 10)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 The Official Star Wars Fact File
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Annual 2011
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"