Ploo II was inhabited by rod-thin aliens known as the Glymphids, who plunged into war with the Fluggrians of the neighboring planet Ploo IV. There were also Quermians living on Ploo II. Ploo II was the homeworld of the professor Murk Lundi. Podracer Aldar Beedo lived on Ploo II. He raced in the Boonta Eve Classic.
In 29 BBY, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker pursued Norval in the Ploo system. The young man had stolen a Sith holocron and was trying to reach Ploo II, the homeworld of his mentor Murk Lundi. Kenobi boarded Norval's vessel and took the holocron after defeating the aspiring Dark Jedi in a brief lightsaber duel.
- Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: The Followers (Mentioned only)
- The Cestus Deception (Mentioned only)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See "Ploo sector" or "Glymphid")
- The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- The Essential Reader's Companion