- "They have podracing on Malastare. Very fast, very dangerous."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
Podracing was a dangerous racing sport on planets such as Malastare, Theron, and Tatooine. Racers could perform multiple laps on a particular race track, moving at dangerous and, at times, deadly speeds. The races were performed using craft known as Podracers or pods, which were small, one-man craft propelled by large engines. Races could then be projected in entertainment establishments throughout the galaxy.
During the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo, Anakin Skywalker won the Boonta Eve Classic on Tatooine, securing his freedom from a life of slavery. Betting on the races was a popular pastime with many of the watchers on Tatooine and it was through Qui-Gon Jinn's bet with Watto that Skywalker would win the race that Skywalker was freed.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Appears on screen)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Appears on screen)
- Ahsoka (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow (Appears on poster)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas