- "They have Podracing on Malastare. Very fast, very dangerous."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
Podracers were repulsorcraft that were built as racing vehicles. Capable of achieving speeds over 700 kilometers per hour, podracers were used in the similarly named sport of Podracing. Podracers came in various shapes and sizes, although the general construction of a Podracer was a one-man cockpit that pulled along by two engines which were attached to the cockpit via two cables. Variations of this included the Podracer used by Ben Quadinaros, which had a total of four engines connected to the cockpit. Another, more unusual Podracer was the one employed by Neva Kee, which was one solid unit, with the cockpit placed in front of the engines. Podracers could also be modified at the owner's whim. The crafty Dug pilot Sebulba, for example, had installed an illegal flamethrower on his racer. Anakin Skywalker flew a heavily modified Podracer that was partially built from the ground up. Other Podracers included the Ord Pedrovia, which was piloted by Gasgano, and the Vulptereen 327, which was piloted by Dud Bolt. The pilot Clegg Holdfast flew a red KT9 Wasp, a Podracer which was manufactured by a company named Voltec.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (Nose art only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis" (Appears on poster)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Appears on screen)
- A New Dawn (Indirect mention only)
- Lost Stars (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks" (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Force Awakens' sound designer Matthew Wood on 'Star Wars' Easter eggs TheDailyDot (2016-02-04). Retrieved on May 30, 2016. "When we did The Phantom Menace, I remember spending months and months recording vehicles for the podrace. And now that sound of all the vehicles we recorded for the podrace, some of those went into the speeder sounds on Jakku."