- "What makes you think it was murder?"
"Poison, of course. The politicians' preferred method. Found a chemical in his bloodstream, killed him right away. It's an obvious case. Politicians always have something to hide, and it always comes back to haunt them, am I right? Oh, look who I'm asking. Room full of politicians."
- ―Padmé Amidala and Tan Divo
Poison was a toxic substance used to either incapacitate or kill an individual.
Police Inspector Tan Divo made the observation during a murder investigation that poison was the preferred method of killing by politicians. Senator Onaconda Farr, as it turned out, was murdered by his assistant, Lolo Purs, using a poison toxic to Rodians.
Dioxis gas was also a well known poison in gas form.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- ; image #19 (of 27)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ; image #9 (of 29)
- ; images #3-5 (of 20)