- "TK-421, why aren't you at your post? TK-421, do you copy?"
- ―Pol Treidum
Pol Treidum was a a male Human gantry officer who was in charge of maintaining the magnetic field, atmosphere, and security in Docking Bay 327 aboard the first Death Star. He held the rank of lieutenant.
In 0 BBY he was stationed in Docking Control Room 327 when he noticed two stormtroopers were not at their posts by the captured Millennium Falcon. After trying unsuccessfully to hail stormtrooper TK-421 through the comm system, Treidum looked out of the observation port to see a disguised Luke Skywalker walk down the Falcon's loading ramp and bump a fist at his helmet. Taking this to mean there was a faulty transmitter, Pol opened the door to go check on the problem, only to be knocked back into the room by Chewbacca's fist. His partner was shot by Han Solo while he was killed by Chewbacca.
Personality and traitsEdit
Pol Treidum chose to wear the prominent sideburns that were popular among the Imperial officer class at the time. Other serving Imperial officers who wore their hair in this fashion, many of whom were also assigned to the Death Star, included Cassio Tagge, Conan Motti, Moradmin Bast and Nahdonnis Praji.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to West End Games game designer Paul Sudlow, fellow WEG designer George R. Strayton named Treidum after Sudlow while writing color text for Decipher's A New Hope Limited Expansion. "Pol" was a Star Wars version of Sudlow's given name, while "Treidum" was inspired by Captain Rolf Treidum, an Imperial officer he created for The Kathol Outback supplement of The DarkStryder Campaign.[source?]
- Death Star (Corpse)
- Star Wars Journal: The Fight for Justice (Identified as "gantry officer")
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- William Shakespeare's Star Wars
- Star Wars Droids 7: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book II
- Star Wars 3: Death Star!
- Star Wars Journal: Hero for Hire (Indirect mention only)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Identified as "Imperial Shuttle Pilot") (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Lt. Pol Treidum) (First identified as Pol Treidum)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 37 (LEI1-2, The Rescue of Princess Leia)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia