Politics was the system by which a govermental being or body was governed. Those involved in governing and formulating public policy were known as politicians. Most planets had their own political system. Most political systems had their own constitution and law system, however it had to comply with the Galactic Constitution if it was part of the Galactic Republic.
Most planets had a head of state. It was usually in the form of a king, a queen, a president, a prime minister, or a chancellor. The head of state could either be chosen by election, or by way of inheritance.
Within many intergalactic governments, politics had become very corrupted by politicians who focused on their own self-advancement and greed. This was exploited by at least two Sith Lords (Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious).
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Plagueis
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- ' Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided'
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Politics on Wikipedia