- "All New Republic forces, I have just accepted the surrender of the Kuat Drive Yards from Moff Maksim. I repeat: We have accepted their surrender."
- ―Commodore Kyrsta Agate
Pollus Maksim was a human individual who served as a Moff in the Galactic Empire, governing the sector containing the planet Kuat. In the year 5 ABY, specifically the fifth month after the Empire's defeat at the Battle of Endor, the nascent New Republic launched an assault on the shipyards and supply bases of Kuat utilized by Kuat Drive Yards, a vital vehicle manufacturer for the Empire. After a weeks-long campaign the guild head of Kuat Drive Yards and Moff Maksim at last conceded, with Maksim offering the Empire's surrender to Republic commodore Kyrsta Agate, ending the battle.
Behind the scenesEdit
Pollus Maksim was first mentioned in the novel Aftermath: Life Debt, written by Chuck Wendig and published on July 12, 2016. Maksim was later mentioned once again in the short story "Blade Squadron: Kuat," included as part of Star Wars Insider 168 and published on September 6, 2016.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First mentioned)
- "Blade Squadron: Kuat"—Star Wars Insider 168 (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 screenshot) (in response to "Probably a stupid questino [sic], but I need confirmation: every Imperial officer seen or mentioned in Life Debt is human, right?") . “@lelalmekha Yes!” (
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Endor in the year 4 ABY. Shattered Empire, Part IV, which shows Shara Bey and Kes Dameron settling on Yavin 4, takes place three months after the Battle of Endor, and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places Bey and Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in the year 5 ABY. Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo has stated on Twitter that each year in Star Wars should be considered as having twelve months in it ( . “Go with 12. It's easiest.” (screenshot)). All the preceding dating information, combined with the fact that the novel Aftermath: Life Debt is set in the fifth month after the Battle of Endor (see reference 4), leads to the conclusion that the events of Life Debt must also be set in 5 ABY.
- ↑ In the mobile game Star Wars: Uprising a transmission made by Princess Leia Organa shortly following the Battle of Endor is shown, which was originally sent approximately two months prior to the events of the game, meaning at least a portion of Uprising is set two months following the Battle of Endor. In the novel Aftermath it is said that "months" have passed since the Battle of Endor. As the planet Bespin is not yet liberated in Aftermath, an event later depicted in Uprising, Aftermath must then be set two months after the Battle of Endor. Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath and spans over one month in time, placing it in the fifth month after the Battle of Endor.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Blade Squadron: Kuat"—Star Wars Insider 168